Logical Aspects of Computational Linguistics 2021
Extended deadline: July 11, 2021
LACL 2021 is the tenth international conference on Logical Aspect of Computational Linguistics. The scope of this conference is the use of type theoretic, proof theoretic and model theoretic methods for describing natural language syntax, semantics and pragmatics as well as the implementation of natural language processing software relying on logical formalisation. LACL 2021 will be held online 13-17 december 2021, as part of the Mathematical Linguistics (MALIN) week, and held conjointly with Mathematics of Language, Logic and Algorithms in Computational Linguistics, and Natural Language and Computer Science.
Computer scientists, linguists, mathematicians and philosophers are invited to present their work on the use of logical methods in computational linguistics and natural language processing, in natural language analysis, generation or acquisition.
Topics of either theoretical or applied interest include, but are not limited to:
- Logical foundation of syntactic formalisms, in particular categorial grammars and other type theoretic grammars, parsing as deduction, model theoretic syntax;
- Logical frameworks for lexical semantics;
- Logical semantics of sentences, discourse and dialogue;
- Applications of these logical frameworks to natural language processing tasks (automated analysis, generation, acquisition, textual inference);
- Applications of the logical formalisation of language faculty to cognitive sciences.
Articles should be written in the LaTeX format of LNCS by Springer (see authors instructions at http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0).
LACL accepts two kinds of papers:
- Regular (long) papers between 12 and 16 pages.
- Short papers (work in progress, system descriptions, position papers) between 4 and 8 pages.
Submission is exclusively admitted electronically, in PDF format, through the EasyChair system. The submission site is https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=lacl2021
- EXTENDED Paper submission deadline: July 11, 2021
- Notification of acceptance: September 26, 2021
- Camera ready copies due: October 15, 2021
- Conference dates: December 13-17, 2021
- Maxime Amblard, Université de Lorraine
- Denis Béchet, LINA, Univesity of Nantes
- Daisuke Bekki, Ochanomizu University
- Heather Burnett, CNRS, Université Paris VII
- Wojciech Buszkowski, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan
- Stergios Chatzikyriakidis, CLASP, University of Gothenburg
- Annie Foret, IRISA, Rennes University (Chair)
- Nissim Francez, Technion - IIT
- Philippe de Groote, INRIA Lorraine/LORIA
- Gregory Kobele, Universität Leipzig
- Yusuke Kubota, National Institute for Japanese Language and Linguistics, Tokyo
- Hans Leiss, Universität München, CIS
- Robert Levine, Ohio State University
- Zhaohui Luo, Royal Holloway, University of London
- Alda Mari, Institut Jean Nicod, CNRS/ENS/EHESS/PSL
- Michael Moortgat, Utrecht University
- Richard Moot, CNRS, LIRMM, Montpellier University (Chair)
- Glyn Morrill, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
- Larry Moss, Indiana University Bloomington
- Valeria de Paiva, Samsung Research America and University of Birmingham
- Sylvain Pogodalla, LORIA/INRIA Lorraine
- Carl Pollard, Ohio State University
- Jean-Philippe Prost, Université Publique de France
- Mehrnoosh Sadrzadeh, University College London
- Serguei Soloviev, IRIT, Université Toulouse 3
- Mark Steedman, University of Edinburgh
- Jakub Szymanik, University of Amsterdam
- Oriol Valentín, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya
- Marek Zawadowski, University of Warsaw